For frequently asked questions about managing students/groups, please click on the links below.
- Why would I create a group?
- If I delete a group, do the students get deleted as well?
- What do the red and orange colours mean on the Locked column on the Manage Students by Assignment page?
- How can I view / reset the passwords for a group of students?
- I have a group made up of multiple groups. When I view the groups, I can only see the names of the contributing groups. How can I see the individual students in the groups?
- I am an External Coordinator and students in my cohort group are not in the group any more.
Tests are assigned to students within a group. So, to be able to assign a test to a student, he/she must be included in a group. There are 3 main types of groups you can create:
- Traditional school classes: all the classes in your school need to be set up. Only the teacher who added the group (or an administrator) can change or delete a group. These should be added to e-asTTle from the school's SMS system.
- Customised Groups: teachers and administrators can create customised groups, for instance, an advanced reading group.
- Groups of Groups: large groups created by combining existing groups/classes. Select "Help" for further information.
No, the students in a group will not be deleted if the group is deleted. Also, any tests assigned to the student via a group are not lost. A group is just a way of listing a logical subset of students within a school. For instance, every class should be represented as a group in e-asTTle.
What do the red and orange colours mean on the Locked column on the Manage Students by Assignment page?
Under the Locked column there are three different colours:
- Black text = The student has a new account
- Orange text = The student has logged in for the first time and changed their password
- Red text = The student has entered an incorrect password 6 or more times and their account is now locked. You will need to reset their password.
You can select the students included in the same assignment, and reset or view their passwords, by going to the Manage Student by Assignment screens. This can only be accessed for an onscreen test that has begun.
I have a group made up of multiple groups. When I view the groups, I can only see the names of the contributing groups. How can I see the individual students in the groups?
You will need to determine which groups are included in the higher order groups, and then use the Manage Existing Students screen to view the individual students.
If you are an External Coordinator and your group is a cohort group across multiple schools, use the Manage Existing Students screen to select the school and the school group you included in your cohort group to view the students in each of the groups that form your cohort group.
If the individual groups you included in your cohort group were created by you, select the 'blank' line from the school drop down in Manage Existing Students to see your groups in the groups drop down.
This relates to a known issue.When a student has an NSN Id and the student is active in multiple schools in e-asTTle (when a student moves from one school to another, if the first school does not remove the student before the other imports / adds the student in e-asTTle), when the first school removes the student, e-asTTle removes the student from the cohort group as well. When such doubts / issues exist, it is best to recreate the cohort group for future use. All reports created in e-asTTle will be unaffected and the student results can still be viewed on the reports.