Test loading or logging in problems with Chromebooks
Test loading problems
If you are using e-asTTle on a Chromebook we recommend that you click on a practice test before you start, to ensure that the test will load. If the practice test starts normally you will be able to proceed with the planned test. If it does not load we recommend that you use a non-Chromebook device for your planned test or delay taking the test until Google releases an update to fix the problem.
We apologise if this occurs and for the inconvenience that it will cause. The problem is temporary and occurs after Google has released an operating system upgrade. It will last until Google releases a further update to fix the issue. The last time this occurred Google provided a fix after three days. It has occurred on several occasions this year.
Log in problems
If you are having a problem logging in with Chromebooks' older operating system you will need to update to the most recent version. Follow these steps:
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- On the top right hand side select the "Chrome menu" button.
- Select "Help" from the menu then select "About Chrome OS".
- Select the "Check for and apply updates" button.
- After the update is completed you will see this message:
- Select the "Finished" button.
Your Chromebook should now be updated to the latest version. You can check what the latest stable operating system is at Chrome releases.