Set up steps for e-asTTle external coordinators
e-asTTle External Coordinators should complete each of the following set up steps. Optional steps are highly recommended.
This step is mandatory
Usernames and passwords are required for every person that requires access to e-asTTle.
Access to e-asTTle is via the Education Sector Authentication and Authorisation (ESAA) system, which is progressively being rolled out across the Education Sector. Accordingly, every e-asTTle user will require an ESAA account (username and password). ESAA accounts for External Coordinators can be obtained by completing the e-asTTle Access Request Form (External Coordinator) below.
- A separate e-asTTle Access Request Form (External Coordinator) must be completed for each person requiring access to e-asTTle as an External Coordinator.
- By completing e-asTTle Access Request Form (External Coordinator) applicants are asked to declare that they have read and have understood the ESAA Conditions of use (PDF 40KB).
- Timely processing of e-asTTle accounts will only be possible if the "e-asTTle Access Request Form (External Coordinator)" is accurately completed. Before sending completed forms to the Ministry of Education Contact Centre, please ensure:
- all mandatory fields have been completed (those fields marked with an *)
- forms have been signed (by the applicant) and authorised (by the applicant's line manager).
This step is optional
External Coordinators are strongly encouraged to review the e-asTTle support material, which includes:
In particular, External Coordinators should pay particular attention to the:
- External coordinator resources on the e-asTTle Help user guides
- Other resources available, which comprise:
- asTTle technical reports and e-asTTle research report – providing background detail to the programme of research that has informed the development of the asTTle and e-asTTle assessment tools
- teacher resources – providing resources that support the use of e-asTTle in the classroom
- e-asTTle TKI website and What's new? page for important news and updates.
Finally, external coordinators may wish to access the e-asTTle training environment, which provides a safe environment (a sandpit) for trialling and/or demonstrating different aspects of e-asTTle. To access the e-asTTle training environment, please contact the Education service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain the appropriate ESAA account (which is separate and additional to the ESAA account obtained in Step 1). The e-asTTle Training Environment can be accessed from the following URLs (website addresses), depending on the e-asTTle role that you wish to use.
- For teacher, school administrator, and school leader functionality, log on to the e-asTTle training environment for schools.
- For student functionality, log on to the e-asTTle training environment for students.
This step is mandatory
e-asTTle will work most effectively if each computer used to access e-asTTle meets the e-asTTle system requirements.
It is essential that any computer used to access e-asTTle meet these requirements.